Why Do I Need To Learn How to Write Auto responders?
If you don’t know how to write autoresponders this can be an early stumbling block for many people starting to build an online business.
As people visit your website or blog it’s your job to create a way to entice them to give you their email address in exchange for some awesome free content. This will build you a list of loyal followers and subscribers. Building your list should be one of your top priorities in your business building activities.
If you are not building a list of subscribers from your website or blog then you are already failing!
To use the word failing may seem a little harsh. But the reality is, your subscribers are the lifeblood of your business. They are the people who connect with you, recommend you, buy from you, promote you and support you.
What is the biggest mistake most successful internet marketers have made? Most will say they regret not building their list sooner. You must understand that your list is your biggest asset in your online business.
When someone first lands on your web page or blog, you need a way of exchanging some awesome free content for their email address. This exchange triggers an automated message from your email service to your visitor’s email inbox. Within this message you will provide a link to the awesome free content. This process is the start of your Autoresponder Email Sequence.
There are many different email service providers and they all offer different features. It’s fun to play around with them. I like to use Aweber as it is easy, simple, cost effective and has great deliverability.
How to Write Autoresponders That Get A Response
Once you have an active subscriber the carefully created content in your autoresponder email sequence will start to build a strong and trusting relationship with your prospect.
Your autoresponders are a chance for you to connect with your prospect at a deep level. To let them know you understand their pain, and to provide them with a chance to reach out and connect with you. A well planned autoresponder email sequence is also a chance to offer your subscriber a product or service that you feel is most suitable to move them from Point A to Point B.
The Biggest Mistake People Make When Learning How To Write Autoresponders….
is not having an autoresponder email sequence at all!
You may think it’s a good idea to reduce the number of emails your prospect is receiving, but in fact it will leave your subscriber feeling unloved, forgotten and before you know it – you will be lost from their mind and they will go shopping for their solution on someone else’s site!
Here are 5 tips which will help you create a great auto responder sequence and build relationships
1. Don’t build a huge list of offers! The best content for your autoresponders will be valuable, free content. Your subscribers are real people. Never forget this. They don’t need to be hit with offer after offer after offer. Yes you can send offers but not all of the time. Focus on relationship building FIRST and offers later on.
2. Your auto responder sequence should be fresh. It’s easy for time to pass and your content to get out of date. Be sure to check dates attached to any offers you may send out. Be aware of exactly what you are communicating and what you are promoting.
3. Limit your initial autoresponder email sequence to around 6 or 7 messages. Limiting your messages will allow you to email your subscribers without the fear of an auto responder messages going out at the same time. If you are running a busy online business or blog such as this one, and you email your subscribers regularly, you don’t need to have a huge auto responder list. Keep it simple.
4. GIVE first, SELL second. Imagine the scene here. You have just subscribed to my blog or free offer of some kind, then bam I hit you with an offer to buy something! How are you going to feel about this? Yes some people will buy, but 90% will unsubscribe before you even get a chance to send another email or auto responder sequence. We are all real people here, treat your subscribers with respect and build trust. I find it helps to imagine you are emailing yourself when compiling email sequences.
5. Build a relationship with your subscribers. The first 2 or 3 email sequences are very important, so you should always start off with some kind of welcome or information on how to get something for free. When it comes to setting up your auto responder sequence think about communicating and building relationships rather than building your bank balance.
i) Compile a welcome email in your first email with some details of where they can access their awesome free content. Also let them know how to contact you.
iii) Give something away for free to show your appreciation. People like nothing more than free stuff that helps them improve their business or lifestyle. If you don’t have free content yet, direct them to a previous blog post which provides some really cool info.
iv) When it does come to promoting products, you should always be sure to promote the stuff which works and the products you have used or use. Don’t promote something just because it has a high earning commission.
When it comes to using an auto responder within your business you do need to be mindful about the messages you are sending out to your subscribers. The bottom line is treat them with respect and trust will be earned. Treat them poorly and that respect will be gone as quickly as they subscribed!
What do you think? Do you have a ton of email added to your auto responder sequence? Do have nothing in there at all? How do you communicate with your subscribers?
Thanks for reading and please don’t forget to ‘Like’ and ‘Tweet’. Sharing is fun
LEAVE ME YOUR COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS BELOW!