With the start of a new financial year, it’s a great time to decide where you want to take your business in the next 12 months. For your business to thrive, you must have an effective marketing plan. This can be a difficult thing for solopreneurs to maintain. Marketing consistently will keep your client pipeline full with ideal clients who value your services and will pay you what you’re worth. If you want your profits to increase over the next twelve months, you MUST consistently market your business.
It’s always difficult for solopreneurs and small business owners to find the time to work ON their business. As you continue to serve the clients you already have at a high level, it can be easy to get consumed in this and other daily tasks of operating your business. What happens is that consistent marketing can be unintentionally pushed aside.
Imagine you’re riding a bike. The wheels can turn slowly, or you can turn them at a faster pace. Either way, if you want to move forward, they need to be constantly going around. It’s the same with your marketing. If you’ve found that there are times where business is very slow, it’s likely your marketing efforts have become a bit hit and miss. Good news is, it’s easier than you think to get back on track!
To crank up your marketing systems, I suggest you take a quick assessment of your business and ask yourself the following questions:
- Which marketing strategies have been the most effective in attracting ideal clients? – Has it been your regular ezine that has sparked constant enquiries? Do you get regular comments on your blog? Have you done some guest blogging that has driven traffic to your website? Are there some joint venture projects that have been particularly fruitful? Look at what has worked really well, and see how you can increase your focus in that area.
- What’s working well in my business? – Review the activity in your business over the past 6-12 months. Checking on what is going well and to acknowledge your achievements will boost your confidence and give you the motivation you need to make any adjustments that may be needed.
- What can you improve on? – As you look over your marketing you will see aspects that haven’t run as smooth as they could have. Make a list of these and also the reasons why. It may be that you need assistance or systems in place to change your results here?
- What’s keeping me from marketing your business consistently? – It’s time for the truth here! Could it be that you don’t manage your priorities or time as well as you could? Do you need more knowledge on how to implement a particular strategy? Would accountability help you to take more action? No matter what your answers are, get up, get over it and get on with it! And decide NOW to do things differently from today onwards.
- Where am I meeting resistance in relation to marketing my business? – Is there a little voice in your head telling you, “Marketing is too hard”? Or “I can’t afford to market my services”? Perhaps the excuse is I’m too busy for marketing”. Every one of us meets resistance that requires strength to breakthrough. Whatever your resistance happens to be, two things are for sure:
a. You can ignore it and take action anyway. (Successful people do whatever it takes, even if it feels uncomfortable.)
b. If you push through that resistance and get to the other side – that is where you will find success!
These two affirmations will serve you well for the next time you find yourself meeting with resistance along your path. Acknowledge the moment, but keep moving forward by taking action! Remember you didn’t learn to ride a bike the first time. What we’re looking for here is consistent effort. Even baby steps will keep the momentum towards your goals.
Once you’ve taken the time to assess your marketing strategy, I would love to hear what you find.
Your Action Plan For The Week:
- Set aside half an hour to do the quick assessment above
- Give yourself honest answers to work with
- Share your results with a trusted or supportive friend, colleague or mentor.
- Assign a time to brain dump thoughts on any changes you want to implement in your marketing, and list the results you want to achieve.
What Did You Think?
Let Us Know Your Thoughts on Today’s Post
Post Your Comments Below