Orderly, organized and feeling in complete control of how most people like to be in their business. Learning that this is not always possible is important as your grow. You can’t be a perfectionist in this game.
You have to be willing to create a sense of urgency in your business, and this can lead to chaos which leads to profits.
I used to be someone who liked to concentrate on doing just one thing at a time, getting it finished, and then moving on to the next. As my business began to grow, I realized very quickly that I could no longer operate this way. This might sound good for the real world, but this could only lead to stagnation and loss of earning potential. So what you need to do (and what I did), is to be able to let go, delegate (a skill I am quickly mastering), juggle many different hats and have many balls in the air.
Realise that it may seem like you are always playing catch up, but that’s the price we pay for success.
Here are a few tips to help you deal with becoming a master ‘juggler”:
- Have a clear plan of your major projects for the next 6-12 months
- Set down your marketing plan
- Learn to delegate
- Remember that urgency can create buzz and excitement around your business.
- Buzz and excitement leads to profits
- Continue to ‘think big’ and believe in your dreams; and
- Retain your sense of humour
“Don’t ask for a light load, but rather ask for a strong back.”
I love it when you leave me your comments and thoughts on my blog posts…