As someone in business who is passionate about your area of expertise, I am sure you want to be financially successful. But in addition to that, what most entrepreneurs want more than anything, is to share their message to the world and help to change the lives of others. The only way you can do this is if people know about what you do.
I am sure you have heard it said “It is no good being the best at what you do if no one knows about you.”
There are many ways to get yourself know in business, but without a doubt one of the quickest ways to build your credibility is through good media exposure. You only have to take a look at programs such as “Big Brother” or “Australia, You’ve Got Talent”, and you can see how quickly folks that were previously relatively unknown can suddenly shoot to stardom and become a household name almost overnight.
As an ex-journalist, today’s guest speaker on our Passion, Profit and Play Superseries, Sue Papadoulis knows just what it takes to get ‘in’ with the media and spoke about how to generate the best possible opportunities for you to get seen in the media. Of course, one of the beautiful things about media exposure, is that in most instances it is free!
So, if you:
• Have something exciting and new happening in your business;
• Are about to launch a new product
• Want to increase your public image and exposure, then go get some free publicity NOW!
You can also get your very own Publicity Pack by clicking here.
The lessons that I take away from today’s call are:
• Never give up on submitting press releases – you never know when your story is right for the journalist
• Contact the journalist rather than the editor – they need to get good story’s while the editor may be more interested in selling you advertising
• Follow up your media releases and create a relationship with the journalist
I would love to hear your thoughts on this great subject. Have you been able to capitalise on media exposure at some stage and what results did that get for you?